Monday, March 21, 2011

Billy Ray Cyrus Calls Off His Divorce

Billy Ray Cyrus Calls Off His Divorce

Billy Ray Cyrus is getting the band -- er, family -- back together. The country singer, 49, is hoping to reunite with wife Tish and pop star daughter Miley after announcing a divorce in October.

"I've dropped the divorce," Cyrus tells the ladies of The View in an interview airing Friday. "I want to put my family back together … Things are the best they've ever been."

Last month, Cyrus blamed Miley's Disney Channel hit Hannah Montana for breaking up the family in an interview with GQ, saying he would "erase it all in a second if I could." But he also took personal responsibility for Miley's scandals -- like the semi-naked Vanity Fair pictures, the risque costumes, and the salvia-smoking video.

"I should have been a better parent. I should have said, 'Enough is enough -- it's getting dangerous and somebody's going to get hurt,'" said Billy Ray.

Reportedly, Miley was freaked out by her father's candid interview and forced him to cancel other press appearances -- including one on The View. Guess they sorted it out, since Billy Ray tells the View ladies that things are finally good between them. (The family also weathered a rumor mill with allegations that Tish had an affair with friend Bret Michaels, which the rocker denied).

"I feel like I got my Miley back," says Billy. "I feel like we're the daddy and daughter we were before Hannah Montana."

Also, he admits he was a little harsh on his daughter's show. "Hannah Montana didn't ruin my family -- fame did," says the singer, who had his own mega-hit in 1992 with "Achy Breaky Heart." "Sometimes when you get in this ride, you feel like you're strapped to a rocket."

Source: http://www.ivillage.com/billy-ray-cyrus-calls-his-divorce/1-a-333037

Jennie Finch Jared Leto January Jones Janet Jackson Jamie Redknapp

No comments:

Post a Comment